Christmas Baskets 2008
December 14, 2008 by admin
Every year (ok, just the last two) Jacquie and I have spent a weekend making Christmas baskets. It usually works out that Jacquie does most of the prep work, we share the baking, and I do most of the packaging. All in all a pretty good balance.
Obviously we couldn’t make everyone a basket — or a bag, as happened this year — but we’re working to make one for all our friends once we get more efficient. Anyway, here’s a list with links of what we made:
1. Peppermint Oreos and Pecan Shortbread Cookies in the hexagonal box
2. Aged Gouda and Walnut Biscotti
3. Ginger Cookies with Lemon Icing (we had a better bag but it was too small, thus the ghetto Ziploc bags)
4. Chocolate Chunk Cookies in the holiday take out box
5. Cupcake Bites in the little square boxes
6. A little bag of Lindt Chocolates and Peanut M&Ms
7. Cinnamon Rolls with Maple Icing (sorry, the batch didn’t make as much as we expected. If you didn’t get these it’s not a slight, it was logistical; I promise we still love you too)
Maybe next year we’ll create something of our own design! To Jacquie’s credit though, she did come up with the peppermint filling for the oreos
Merry Christmas, Happy Hannukah, and Happy New Year!
~Jacquie, Jason and Lil’ JTags:2008,baskets,Christmas,holiday